Holistic or naturopathic nutrition uses the science that connects what we eat and our health – the use of whole foods as medicine. Hippocrates, the father of Western medicine, famously stated:
“Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food.”Nutritional medicine uses the combined knowledge of years of traditional food used as medicine, with current evidence based science to determine the therapeutic use of nutrients from food and the selected use of supplements to address deficiencies, support the body during chronic disease, and prevent health decline. With an understanding of the biochemical and physiological affect that food has on our health, a nutritionist can then use functional and everyday foods as a therapeutic tool to promote optimal health. Did you know that the spices ginger and turmeric have anti-inflammatory actions? Or that garlic can have a blood thinning effect? That bone broth can help to heal the gut?
A nutritionist can help improve your health in many ways...
Do you suffer from:
- Poor digestive health - whether that is constipation, diarrhoea or IBS, bloating, reflux, Crohns or inflammatory bowel disease?
- Food intolerances and allergies – coeliac or simply react to gluten, dairy or other foods?
- A sugar addiction?
- Skin disorders such as eczema, or asthma or allergies?
- A family history of degenerative disease that you do not wish to develop yourself?
- Low mood, anxiety and depression?
- Weak nails, falling hair or problem skin?
- Weight management concerns?
- Low energy and vitality?
Would you like support for:
- Preconception care – to get you and your partner in the best shape possible to conceive a happy and healthy baby
- Children with ADHD, behavioural and disorders – Karen is a MINDD trained practitioner that can help with specific dietary and nutrient advice to best get young brains clear, focused and happier (see http://mindd.org for more information)
- An overall health detox and revamp of your current eating habits and supplements
- Learning how to deal with food intolerances or allergies
- To understand how food affects your mood, concentration and energy
- Personalised eating plans for families, individuals and anyone that enjoys eating healthy, nutrient dense and delicious foods