Indulge in healthy pancakes!Pancakes are a favourite for many people, but unfortunately generally not the healthiest choice. However, here we have a greatly nourishing, delicious and easy recipe! These pancakes are packed full of good quality protein, complex carbohydrates, good fats and fibre. Making it a breakfast that will stabilise blood sugar, improve stamina and focus, aid in digestion and keep you fuller for longer!
Healthy nutrition any timeIn addition, the added antioxidants from the berries and chia seeds will help fight free radicals and substantially improve skin tone, making you glow! This is a nutritionally balanced and a perfect breakfast for everyone. Whether you’re an athlete or someone looking for something indulgent but healthy, this is for you. It’s hard to believe that pancakes could actually be healthy but these pancakes offer a great protein hit and an abundance of antioxidants! Afterall, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so aim to make it a nourishing one!
Banana and Berry Protein Pancakes
- 1 large (ripe banana roughly mashed plus 1 extra banana to stack)
- 2 free-range or organic eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder (raw vegetable protein is preferable, but whey protein will work too)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (soaked in a bit of water until jelly-like)
- 1/4 cup cooked oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 strawberries thinly sliced
- 4-5 raspberries
- Blueberry sauce:
- 2 tbsp blueberries
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup
- In a mixing bowl mix together the mashed banana, eggs, chia seeds, oats and cinnamon.
- Heat a tbsp of coconut oil in a pan, spoon in about 2 tablespoons of mixture and cook on low heat for 2 minutes on each side. Repeat this until mixture is finished.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot combine all the berry sauce ingredients and cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Once all the little pancakes are done: stack on a plate with berries and banana and drizzle with the blueberry sauce.