- Product Overview
Blackmores Peritone is a combination of ingredients traditionally used in Western herbal medicine for the relief of constipation.
Formulated for effective morning response to 'before bedtime dosage'
Blackmores Peritone contains the laxative herbs cape aloes and cascara.
The active constituents of these herbs are traditionally known to stimulate peristalsis, which is the contraction of the smooth muscle of the bowel.
This action promotes evacuation and thus helps to relieve constipation.
Adults -Take 1 tablet with a full glass of water with a main meal or as professionally prescribed. Children – Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Aloe ferox (Cape Aloes) leaf inner juice powder 120 mg
Rhamnus purshianus (Cascara) extract equivalent to dry bark 140 mg
Zingiber officinale (Ginger) root powder 20 mg
Elettaria cardamomum (Cardamom) fruit powder 5 mg Peppermint oil 300 µg
- Do not use during pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Do not use if abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting are present, or if you develop diarrhoea
- Overuse (excessive doses and/or duration of use) may lead to dependence and/or fluid and mineral depletion
- Prolonged use of laxatives may cause serious bowel problems
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
- Not recommended for use beyond 1 to 2 weeks
- For ongoing management of constipation it is recommended that bowel regularity is improved by including plenty of water and fibre in the diet, and regular exercise
- No interactions expected if used as directed. Overuse may decrease absorption of nutrients and oral medications due to increased speed of transit through the intestines.
Maximum Quantity Allowed per customer:
- Customer Reviews