- Product Overview
Short description of Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold 120C
- may reduce the risk of child with spina bifida/neural tube defects
- for baby's brain, visual motor skills and hearing development.
- supports the development of normal intelligence and IQ
- Low-constipation iron
- for baby's brain, eyesight and nervous system development
Features of Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold 120C
Provides an ideal daily dose of 20 important nutrients for mother and baby including folic acid, iodine, DHA and vitamin D3. With a low-constipation iron.
Benefits of Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold 120C
- Folic acid – According to guidelines in Australia this product contains 500 μg of folic acid, as it is recommended that women of childbearing age take 400-500 μg of folic acid per day for at least one month before pregnancy and for the first 3 months of pregnancy.
- Iodine Requirement for iodine is increased during the whole pregnancy, especially the first 20 weeks. Australian women are typically not receiving enough iodine. The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) recommends that pregnant and breast-feeding women take an iodine supplement containing 150 μg daily.
- Iron - Approximately one quarter of pregnant women report getting constipated when taking high doses of supplemental iron. That is why Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Gold contains a low-constipation, low-nausea, gentle on the tummy form of iron.
- Omega 3 fatty acids - During pregnancy there can be an increased sensitivity to tastes, especially in the first trimester. Odourless fish oil means pregnant women can get the benefits of omega-3s without the fishy aftertaste.
- B group vitamins - B vitamins support cellular energy production, with vitamins B1, B2, B3, and B5 all involved in cellular energy production. Vitamins B2 and B12 help the body use folic acid.
- Vitamin D - Vitamin D supports the development of healthy bones and teeth. A review of nutrient intakes in pregnant Australian women suggested that dietary intakes were below recommended levels for vitamin D, while surveys of Australian neonates have shown approximately 40-57% of neonates have insufficient vitamin D levels
- Zinc, vitamins C & D and betacarotene for immune health support.
Suggested dose of Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold 120C
Adults – Take 2 capsules a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Ingredients of Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold 120C
Omega-3 Fish oil - natural (Tuna oil) containing omega-3 marine triglycerides 160 mg as: Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 125 mg, Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 25 mg 500 mg, 10 Vitamins: Vitamin B1 (Thiamine nitrate 500 µg, Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 750 µg, Nicotinamide 7.5 mg, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 750 µg, Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 1.5 µg, Folic acid 250 µg, Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) 30 mg, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol 6.3 µg) 250 IU, Natural vitamin E (d-alpha-Tocopherol 3.5 mg) 5.2 IU, Mixed carotenoids (as Dunaliella salina (natural source) extract equiv. to fresh cell 72 mg) 2.9 mg, 6 Minerals: Calcium* 59 mg, Phosphorus*(as calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous 200 mg) 45.6 mg, Magnesium (as magnesium oxide - heavy 49.8 mg) 30 mg, Iron (as ferrous fumarate 15.7 mg) 5 mg, Zinc (as zinc sulfate monohydrate 22.2 mg) 8 mg, Iodine (as potassium iodide 98.3 µg) 75 µg
Other information of Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold 120C
Contraindications and cautions
- Not recommended for children under 12 years
- Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect / spina bifida, seek medical advice
- This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 μg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded
- Drink plenty of water
Maximum Quantity Allowed per customer:
- Customer Reviews